We’re rounding up marketing best practices we’ve suggested to clients this past year. From a marketing plan to a CRM, we’re laying out the best ways to get the most out of 2021 in our 12 Days of Marketing wrap-up. How many of these are checked off your list?
Day 1) Business Plan
- I had a business plan.
- I aligned my business goals with my marketing strategy.
- I regularly checked the progress of the business plan this year.
Day 2) Marketing Plan
- I had a marketing plan.
- I stayed aligned with my marketing plan or adjusted it as needed.
- I used my marketing plan for goal setting.
- I met/exceeded the goals outlined in my marketing plan this year.
Day 3) Newsletters
- I had a newsletter that I sent at a regular cadence.
- I A/B tested subject lines for my newsletter.
- I made sure the newsletter had links. (And more than one!)
- I reviewed newsletter metrics and made adjustments accordingly.
Day 5) Analytics
- I properly set up analytics for my website, social, newsletter, ads, etc.
- I set goals based on metrics for each channel.
- I regularly checked the metrics.
- I made adjustments according to the goals previously set.
- I met/exceeded milestones this year.
Day 6) SEO
- I had an SEO strategy.
- I knew my priority keywords.
- I implemented keywords on my website.
- I utilized keywords on social media.
Day 7) CRM
- I had (and used) a CRM.
- I regularly cleaned up my contact profiles.
- I integrated my CRM with my email platform.
- I segmented contacts by industry, sales phase, connection level, etc.
Day 8) Templates
- I had PowerPoint presentation templates.
- I had and used newsletter templates.
- Everyone on my team knew where to find up-to-date templates.
Day 9) Landing Pages
- I had one main call to action on every landing page.
- I didn’t have a “wall of words” on any landing pages.
- I utilized icons on my landing pages.
Day 10) Social Media
- I didn’t spam my audience.
- I made my social media accounts personable.
- I had consistent branding across social media channels.
- I utilized video on my social channels.
- I kept my social media channels active
Day 11) Branding
- I had brand guidelines.
- I liked my brand guidelines.
- I utilized my brand guidelines.
Day 12) Marketing Collateral
- I had consistent branding.
- I used consistent language.
- My marketing collateral put my company’s best foot forward.
If you noticed some areas missing from your marketing strategy while reading our 12 Days of Marketing blog, contact us for a free consultation.