Social Media Intern
Gladiator Consulting seeks a social media intern to help maintain the scheduled cadence for several clients’ social media channels. We’re looking for someone that loves social media and wants to learn more about how social media and marketing intersect for B2B companies. The ideal candidate will be hungry to learn, can follow directions but isn’t afraid to bring ideas. This will be a closely guided internship with a marketing professional to build your skills and introduce you to the B2B marketing world. This internship has the potential to grow into a part-time position.
- Help create posts in social media scheduling tool as dictated by the monthly editorial calendar to support client marketing initiatives
- Assist in the growth of client brands by raising awareness through social media platforms
- Interact with followers and help build engagement across social media platforms
What You’ll Gain
- Experience working hands-on with growing companies
- Real-world content to include in your professional portfolio
- The opportunity to develop and refine your social media and professional skills and receive one-on-one mentorship
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain a professional brand voice when engaging with followers through comments, DMs, etc.
- Comfortable using G Suite and Slack
- Own a computer
- Expected availability is 10-15 hours per month
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, journalism, public relations or related field OR have equivalent work experience.
Preferred Skills + Experience
- Candidates passionate about all things social; strong familiarity with social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Experience with Canva and familiarity with platform-specific sizing and ratio requirements
- Familiarity with Sprout Social or similar social media scheduling tools
- Basic understanding of B2B marketing goals when utilizing social media
Job Type: Contract
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing the following items:
- Why do you think you’re a good fit for the Gladiator team?
- Your favorite recent project and what makes you proud of it
- What experience do you have with remote collaboration?
- Portfolio link or work samples
About Gladiator Consulting
We currently have a full-time staff of 4 with additional contract employees as-needed for projects & tasks. Gladiator Consulting maintains a contract-to-hire staffing model. As we grow, successful contractors are offered an opportunity to become salaried employees. Our team is based in Austin, TX, but works fully remote.
We have grown rapidly and worked with more than 85 companies since opening our doors in 2016.